Weight is just a number and not a true indicator of what is under your skin. We can show you how may kgs of muscle you have, how many kgs of fat you have - did you know you have 2 types of fat in your body? Subcutaneous and Visceral. It’s the Visceral fat that is the most indicative of lifestyle and health issues. Our insights will assist in preventative and predictive lifestyle disease awareness.
The Evolt 360 Body Composition Analyzer, what we call the Intelligent Body Scanner, is a simple-to-use 60-second scan (no need to remove clothing) that provides detailed data about a body through more than 40 measurements. It works simply by passing a safe electrical current through the feet and hands.
The resistance to flow of the current determines the difference between muscle mass, fat mass, water and mineral — a measurement far beyond the one-size-fits-all generic BMI. All readings are specific to the individual, allowing us to design better health and wellness programs.
QUICK FACTS ABOUT BODY COMPOSITION MEASUREMENTS
1. There is no such thing as a “direct measure of body composition”.
2. The only way to obtain a 100% accurate measure of body composition is in post-mortem via dissection of tissue of a cadaver.
3. All forms of body composition measurements require the use of an algorithm, even though some companies claim they do not.
4. The accuracy of BIA technology, as validated in science, requires the input of five factors — height, age, weight, gender and impedance.
5. DEXA is the gold standard of Bone Density, not body composition.
6. Skin fold measurements will only detect subcutaneous fat tissue whereas BIA detects subcutaneous fat tissue and visceral fat tissue so they are incomparable measurements.
7. All BIA technology is validated in science as a repeatable and reliable measure of body composition.
8. The accuracy of BIA technology is subject to the conditions being standardised by the user (ie. same time of the day, temperature, training status, food contents & hydration status). The same applies to DEXA.
9. BIA technology is well respected in the scientific community as a reliable and repeatable measure to track body composition progression.
10. Evolt’s BIA technology uses five compartments (torso, both arms and both legs) rather than a single compartment to offer a more reliable body composition result.