Please see below to see the details of our new plan. We will continue to fine-tune and update this page with the latest info as we go. We are dedicated to the cleanliness of our facility and now we are taking it to a higher level.
At Tighten Up, the health and wellbeing of our clients is our number one priority. We have implemented infection control strategies to minimise the risk of COVID-19 and mitigate risk of other infections, particularly coming into influenza season. It is our aim to provide a safe training environment where immune health and social connections can still be maintained while training in our facility.
We are dedicated to the cleanliness of our facility and it has always been our top priority. Here are all the changes you can expect:
- Limit sessions to allow a minimum of 1.5sqm per person or as per Vic Gov guidelines;
- Only conduct session types allowed at any point in Covid restrictions;
- Coach to wear masks at all times, unless the safety of participants is compromised due to clarity of vocal instruction - participant to wear mask as appropriate to exercise;
- Any participant including the Coach that is experiencing flu like symptoms will not attend any training sessions and will get tested for Covid-19;
- Provide hand sanitiser and/or disinfectant wipes;
- Participants must bring their own towel and drink bottle to each session;
- Accurate in house and online booking system PLUS record of all attendees for the purpose of contact tracing, via the Vic Gov QR code.
- No use of shared equipment;
- Spaced appointment times with sufficient time in between every session to allow the crossover of participants and eliminate a gathering;
- No clients to socialise before or after sessions 'Get in, train, get out';
- Keep up to date with knowledge shared by our peak body, Fitness Australia in addition to the Department of Health Victoria;
- Provide In Person and Virtual Training as Personal Training and Group Training options;
- We are up to date with infection control education which can be evidenced upon request.
- If there are any Covid-19 reports amongst our clients or Coaches, we will report to DHHS, Contact Tracing Dept and also Port Phillip Council Sport and Recreation Oficer
Responsibility: Keeping each other safe
- Sanitise hands upon entry and completion of session;
- Practice good personal hygiene and cough etiquette;
- Follow social distancing requirements;
- Bring your own, clean towel or towels are available for purchase;
- Bring only what you need for your training session ie: keys, phone, water and towel;
- If unwell or showing flu-like symptoms, do not attend session and inform us immediately;
Moving forward, we’re continuing to monitor the situation
While we’re taking every precaution to keep our community safe (and encourage you to do the same), we’re acutely aware of and highly prepared for the possibility of a second wave.
In the event that there is a reported case of COVID-19 in our facility and you were potentially in contact with the individual, you will be notified immediately. From there, we will take the proper safety precautions to disinfect the studio from top to bottom.
With no way to predict what will happen, the best way we can prepare is to respond and evolve as the situation develops—with nothing but your safety in mind.
Whether you plan to join us in the facility, or feel more comfortable staying home, we’re here for you. If you have questions or concerns, let’s talk about it at firstname.lastname@example.org