That row of kettlebells in the gym might look like old school gym equipment, but they are not to be underestimated. Kettlebells, being incredible versatile, can be incredibly effective in helping you achieve all sorts of health and fitness goals. So just what are these fantastic kettlebell benefits?
These kettlebell benefits outweigh any doubts you might have
- One of the central kettlebell benefits is that kettlebells have a strange and somewhat awkward shape. This means they have a displaced balance point. Science aside, all you need to know is that you will use more stabiliser muscles with kettlebells when compared to more traditional weights like dumbells and barbells.
- This also means that you will learn how to better coordinate all the muscles in your body.
- Another of the kettlebell benefits linked to the structure of these weights lies in the handle. Kettlebells have a thicker handle than traditional weights, enabling you to really improve your grip and forearm strength.
- Want a workout that will improve not only your maximal strength but also your explosive power? Kettlebells will certainly deliver that.
- If you are concerned that kettlebells will not help you to lose weight, put those concerns aside. One of the amazing kettlebell benefits is that you can burn as many as 20 calories every minute.
- Your functional muscle mass will improve greatly.
- Working with kettlebells will significantly increase your muscle endurance and your aerobic capacity.
- Many workout routines unfortunately ignore the muscles in the posterior kinetic change. (Perhaps this is largely because we can’t readily see these muscles in the mirror!) Providing a comprehensive workout that includes these vital muscles is yet another of the more important kettlebell benefits.
A word of warning
Working with kettlebells is a dynamic process. You need to learn the correct form and techniques from the start in order to benefit from all these kettlebell benefits – and avoid injuries. Speak to a personal trainer today about learning how to master this incredible piece of gym equipment.