You’ve heard it a million times: breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Given the rush that most of us are in every morning, this advice is often not adhered to. However, given the long list of scientifically proven breakfast health benefits, we would all do well to make breakfast a steadfast part of our morning routine.
Breakfast health benefits that will get you into the kitchen every morning…
- When you eat breakfast you literally break the fast that you imposed on your body overnight. This is important if you want your body to preserve muscle. (Trust me, it’s what you want.)
- A balanced nutritional breakfast gives you vital nutrients, and goes a long way to ensuring that you get your daily dose of protein and fibre.
- Many people think that skipping a meal, such as breakfast, will help them to lose weight. One of the undisputed breakfast health benefits is that you are more likely to lose weight if you eat in the morning.
- In particular, if you eat a protein breakfast you will be helping your body to shed more fat. And who doesn’t want that?!
- Including protein and fats in your breakfast will help prevent those mid-morning hunger pangs that see you reaching for a quick unhealthy snack.
- Your brain needs glucose to function. Eating complex carbohydrates as part of your breakfast provides your brain with this essential energy to keep you mentally alert. In other words, you will enjoy improved concentration and performance at work.
- The enhanced strength and endurance you will experience as a result of eating breakfast will enable you to get the most out of your gym sessions.
What these fabulous breakfast health benefits show you is that not only is it important to eat breakfast, it is important to eat the right kind of breakfast. A quick bowl of sugary cereal is not going to get you very far. Make an effort to plan ahead so that if the mornings are a rush you can still have a quick but healthy breakfast before you head out the front door.